I am someone who pays very close attention to my nails. And to tell you the truth, I pay attention to other people'southward nails, too. Sue me.

I mean, nails tell us a lot nigh our wellness, so I attempt to pay attention to them every bit much as my leisure time allows.

In the beginning, I would go to a beauty salon and get my nails done professionally. It was nice, simply also costly.

That is why at present I exercise my own nails at least every iii weeks. How practice I manage to go on my smash polish look good during those whole 3 weeks? Well, gel smash polish, of course. Gel nail polish manicures have become quite pop in the past decade. And yous can estimate why.

Regular nail polish looks fantastic for whole few minutes until you mess it up because your float decided to act up and now yous have to pee, although you did pee correct before you decided to sit downwardly and paint your nails.

Unlike regular nail smoothen, gel nail polish dries quickly, doesn't chip off, AND your nails won't interruption as easily. So, thanks, gel nail polish.

Simply, e'er noticed how difficult it is to remove information technology without harming your natural nails? As someone who doesn't prefer to utilize acetone, I struggled a lot with finding ways to remove the gel and still keep my natural nails healthy. So, when I stumbled upon a few at-home tricks I could brand use of, you lot tin imagine how happy I was.

Existence the selfless person that I am, I decided to share these footling tricks with you, fellow readers. Sharing is caring, correct?

via GIPHY

Earlier we begin, delight understand that removing your gel nail polish without acetone is a process that requires patience and meticulous piece of work. If you don't work carefully, you lot tin hands end upward damaging your natural blast, and nosotros don't want that.

 1. File off the gel

This one sounds pretty simple, correct? Well, that is because it is. When your gel-painted nails begin to abound, the edges offset peeling off and if you're anything like me, your OCD will kick in real quick.

So, whether you opt for acetone-free methods, or yous are out of acetone and in dire need to remove your gel smash polish, for whatever reason, and so you can become ahead and get your favorite boom file from the drawer.

With the assist of the file, file down the gel to the surface of your natural nail. Make sure to be very gentle and motility in crosshatches to ensure an fifty-fifty, smooth expect.

remove gel nail polish without acetone
Shutterstock

The process is quite ho-hum and might take yous some time, but please practise not blitz. Filing as well quickly might cause you lot to accidentally file off your natural smash that is underneath the gel nail shine.

Later on you are done with filing off the gel, moisturize your hands with your go-to hand cream and condition your nails with your favorite cuticle oil.

2. Peel off the gel

The ugliest phase of gel nails is when they brainstorm to peel off. But, this is also a very advisable time to pare it off completely. This acetone-free method works all-time with a cuticle stick. Gently place the stick underneath the gel in the parts where it has already begun peeling off. After that, apply your fingers or a tweezer to help peel it off completely. Try to get rid of equally much gel as possible and then buffer off the remaining parts of it.

remove gel nail polish without acetone
Shutterstock

When it is peeled off, buffer your nails' surface so it becomes smooth. Later on it is all done, proceed with moisturizing your hands and nails. And voila! The gel is gone.

iii. Soak off the gel

If you deem the outset and the second method as a niggling likewise harsh on your nails, then worry not. I have another piffling secret for you.

Fill up a small bowl with warm water and add together a few drops of dish soap and a teaspoon of salt. And and then merely soak your nails into the mixture for most twenty minutes. Brand certain the h2o is quite warm because otherwise, you won't exist able to achieve the desired issue.

remove gel nail polish without acetone
Shutterstock

If yous have residues, then utilize a wooden orange stick and remove them. Try not to expose your nails to strong substances in the commencement few days, and of form, condition your hands and nails so they stay hydrated.

Why not use acetone?

I know that removing gel nail polish without acetone is a more difficult process. Notwithstanding, I will value the health of my nails more than the fourth dimension-consuming procedure. Nail smoothen removers are strong and definitely effective. I won't deny that. It is fantastic for an easy and quick set up. Merely in the concurrently, acetone and other nail polish removers can cause your easily and nails to dry. It strips off the natural oils from the boom and makes them appear xanthous. So, considering these trivial problems, I believe it can come in handy to know how to remove gel boom smooth without the apply of acetone or other smash polish removers.

Just if you're a more acetone person, so by all means, go ahead. Make sure to moisturize your hands and nails generously after yous are finished. Your nails say a lot well-nigh your overall wellness, therefore exist attentive.

Yous might besides be interested in: Yous Will Want To Make A Wish After Seeing These Nails